Do you have a great idea to solve a societal problem in your community? Join the Youth Innovation Challenge!
About Peace First
We believe in the power of young people to change the world – not someday in the future – right now!
Peace First is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping young people around the world to become powerful peacemakers by:
- Investing in their ideas
- Providing them with tools and skills
- Connecting them with other awesome young people around the world
- Sharing their stories and impact with the world
The Youth Innovation Challenge invites you to make your innovative solution a reality. Sign up to join our global community of young people, share your solution, and gain access to digital tools, mentors, and a chance to receive funding for your ideas.
- Teams will showcase their ideas at regional events around the world.
- The top teams will be invited to pitch their projects at the IFRC General assembly in December.
- Adults are encouraged to sign up as mentors to help guide teams through their Challenge project.
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The Youth Innovation Challenge is now welcoming projects from all over the world.
- It is open to people between the ages of 13-25.
- Teams are made up of at least 3 young people, with an adult serving as a mentor or facilitator.
- Individuals can sign up and get started before inviting the rest of their team to the project.
- Every team that signs up has access to financial support in the form of mini-grants. The amount of each grant is determined by project needs.
To be eligible to receive a mini-grant, teams will need to register, choose an injustice, submit a suggested solution they want to implement and a plan on how they want to do it. When your team submits the plan, you will indicate how much money you would like to request and what you can provide in terms of in-kind resources. For example, if you only need $100, you can request only the $100 that you need.
What are the benefits of joining the Peace First community?
In addition to making positive and peaceful contributions to your community, there are lots of benefits to taking the Peace First Challenge! Here are a few:
- Access to tools that take you step by step in creating a peacemaking project.
- Online mentors and groups can provide feedback and answer questions.
- Youth can share their stories and accomplishments through project pages.
- Mini-grants break down financial barriers so youth can put their peacemaking projects into action.
- Celebration of you and your peacemaking work, shared with an international audience.
You can have access to up to $250 mini-grants to support each of your peacemaking projects.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year.
YEL seeks and selects the best opportunities for you (scholarships, internships and competitions); provides you with advice on writing several professional documents to maximize your chances of being admitted; and then ensures that you find a solution to your concerns through an exchange forum with mentors who are studying or working outside. Join the community