Quest University is pleased to offer range of scholarships to students of high academic ability. All students, regardless of their country of origin, are eligible to apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. These are awarded to undertake undergraduate program at the university.
Quest has a unique approach to the liberal arts and sciences. We believe in teaching skills that work in the real world. We believe in preparing students for any endeavour they choose — from graduate school to professional programs, and from traditional careers to independent paths. In short, Quest seeks to reinvent higher education, using an innovative philosophy and novel curriculum. We offer an environment of intellectual rigour and personal enrichment, where students help design their own education and delve deep into topics they’re passionate about.
We offer scholarships to students that we believe will make extraordinary contributions to Quest and beyond.
- David Strangway Award for Excellence
- Full Tuition
- This award honours the extraordinary career of Dr. David W. Strangway, Quest’s first President and Founding Chancellor, and provides full tuition for four years. Its purpose is to make Quest’s unique education available to outstanding students regardless of background, country of origin, or ability to pay. Recipients will have achieved very high levels of academic excellence combined with an outstanding record of leadership and service. Students with a high school average above 90% (3.75 US or equivalent) are encouraged to apply. Winners are notified no later than April 1. Up to six full-tuition scholarships are awarded each year. This award is only available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Presidential Scholarships
- $2,000 to $8,000/year
- Presidential Scholarships are awarded to students who have distinguished themselves not only through their academic performance, but also through intrinsic curiosity, an ability to lead, and a willingness to contribute to their community. Quest’s Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science (B.A.& Sc.) program is rigorous, and an applicant’s academic record is a key consideration for awarding a Presidential Scholarship, but all components of the admissions application are considered during the evaluation. Although optional, it is strongly suggested that applicants submit reference letters and a resume or CV to support their scholarship application. This award is available to all applicants.
- Canadian Academic Performance Scholarship
- Quest University Canada is committed to providing a Liberal Arts & Sciences education of the highest quality for Canadian undergraduates. The Canadian Academic Performance Scholarship (CAPS) Program provides an automatic $10,000 scholarship to all Canadian citizens and permanent residents who apply with an 80% average or above and are accepted into Quest as a full-time student. Full program details, including province and territory-specific course eligibility, is available here.
- LEAP Scholarship (Presidential)
- The Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance (LEAP) program allows eligible candidates to pursue both an education and excellence in their art or sport, and is designed for athletes and performers at the professional or elite level. Applicants must indicate within their online admissions application that they plan to apply for the LEAP program, and the LEAP application will be available if and when a student receives a general admission offer. Successful applicants are automatically awarded the scholarship amount, which constitutes the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship. To retain their LEAP scholarship, recipients must remain eligible for the LEAP program. Full program details are available in the Academic Calendar.
- Gap Year Scholarships (Presidential)
- Quest University is proud to partner with select Gap Year Programs. In recognition of completion of these programs, successful applicants will be awarded a $5,000 annual scholarship, renewable for four years. This award constitutes the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship.
- UWC Scholarship (Presidential)
- If the United World College experience changed your life, Quest might be the perfect place to continue your intellectual journey. The UWC Scholarship is automatically awarded to admitted students who complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at a United World College and who opt-in to Financial Aid on their application. Awarded UWC Scholarships constitute the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship.
Quest scholarships are awarded upon entrance and are renewable provided the continuing student maintains scholarship-specific eligibility criteria each year. Scholarships must be applied for prior to beginning at Quest. Scholarships are not awarded to students who have already begun their studies at Quest.
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The Quest program is rigorous, and an important criterion for a scholarship award is the applicant’s academic record. This is not evaluated by strict numerical limits, however; we are more impressed by a student who has done well in the most challenging courses available rather than one who achieved the highest grades by choosing an easier route to graduation.
- We are also interested in extracurricular activities — not the number of different clubs you joined, but the passion with which you pursued your non-academic interests and the impact you made on your compatriots and your community.
- Some ways that students have demonstrated this is through sports, community service, leadership, theatre, clubs, volunteering, other talents, and so on. Quest University Canada
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated an eagerness to learn, an ability to lead, a willingness to contribute, and a passion for excellence. This award is subject to the Scholarship Renewal Policy found above.
Deadline: March 01, 2020
YEL seeks and selects the best opportunities for you (scholarships, internships and competitions); provides you with advice on writing several professional documents to maximize your chances of being admitted; and then ensures that you find a solution to your concerns through an exchange forum with mentors who are studying or working outside. Join the community